Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Perfect Nest


So, where would you say the "perfect nest" resides? A tree house, a baseball glove, an old red sweater? Sophie brought home this charming little book by Catherine Friend that she just LOVED...and I loved it too....UNTIL---

This happened:
Sophie decided she wanted to hatch a chicken of her own...right in her own comfortable bed. So (while I'm sure I was doing something very important) she got an egg from the fridge, tucked it safely under her pillow, and went to sleep...so excited to wake-up in the morning to find her very own baby chick.

Whoops...


It seems that's not quite how it works. Poor Soph...she was very disappointed. And I had a hard time being upset with her...because it was SO EXCEPTIONALLY FUNNY!

Who says books don't affect kids? Not me.

8 comments:

Crys said...

That is so funny! Oh man...We can't wait for little things like that from Amber. Sounds so much like something she would do. I LOVE how smart Sophie is. She is so creative...same with Grace and Spence. You should be so proud of them! We love you guys.

Love, Crys

The Harker's said...

That is one of the funniest things I have ever heard! Kids are hilarious! Sometimes you don't know when to be mad or just laugh at them!

Carrie said...

Bet that was fun to clean up! My brother once slept with his goldfish....oops, not a happy camper when he woke up.

Welsch Family said...

Jen,

To answer your question on our blog, we still own our house in South Orem. However, our renters' contract is not up until the end of July. So we will be renting a place until then. The job is in Springville. If you know of any 3 bedroom type houses for rent let us know. Thanks, Nick

Klare said...

That is way too cute and a little disgusting. ;)

The Peach.... said...

That is CLASSIC! Ewwww! What a genius child.

Susan Andrus said...

Your story of Sophie is adorable! It makes me want to read the book. Everytime I enter a new book written by Shannon Hale into our library I think of you Jen. I'm just waiting for you to publish.

Cece Girl said...

Thanks Aunt Sue...I'm still waiting too! Someday...I hope :)
xoxo
Jen