Friday, January 30, 2009

Baby's #1!

I had so much fun getting ready for Lucy's birthday. I made the "happy birthday" banner from templates from (who else?) Martha...I saw this same banner on Etsy for $25...and I think mine is much cuter!
Also, the little butterfly templates are on Martha too. I just love them. The girls loved helping me cut out all sorts of butterflies...Sophie said, "It was the best day of her life." Good to know. Wish I was so easily impressed.We also celebrated my Dads birthday and I must say he didn't need very much encouragement to wear the buggy headband. So funny! What a good sport he was!

And of course Lucy LOVED her ladybug cake. She didn't need much encouragment to get in there...she got the idea pretty quickly. I'm so glad we went through all the effort for a fun day. She'll only turn 1 once and we're so glad she's our baby bug!

7 comments:

The Piepers said...

What a cute little face Lucy has!! She's a doll. And it looks like a great party!!!

The Peach.... said...

Ooooh, Jen, those decorations are darling!!! You did such a great job! I am impressed! Love the lanterns so much, such a good idea, you are so creative! Happy birthday Lucy!

Alyssa said...

Lucy's birthday looks like a hit! I just love her picture in the red tutu and red headband. Priceless!

Klare said...

So cute!!! You are so creative Jen! Just reading all the time and effort you put in makes me tired. I wish I got as much joy out of crafty stuff. :)
I absolutely love the cake!! I have to keep that one in mind!
Happy big #1 to Lucy, she is so cute!!!!

Kim said...

Jen, it's all way too cute. Thanks for a great party. If there's one thing I know, it's not to miss a party you are throwing. The food is always great and the decorations are so well done. Thanks! Lucy was so cute. I love the pictures you took of her.

Bernice Madsen said...

Ohhhh, soooo cute! We miss you guys soooo much! We're so sad we missed the fun party. Looked FABULOUS!

Tricia said...

She's darling! And so are your crafty decorations. What talent! I loved Sophie's comment about it being the best day of her life...my girls are the same way. If we make fun stuff and eat yummy treats, that's all they need!