Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Why I have lack of commitment issues with Blogging and I ran too...

So again i have stopped blogging....I know. Why can't I stay on top of it? Why do I let it slide? WHY? (by the way, these are rhetorical questions, that only I can answer in my heart of hearts). But. I'm back. For now...:) Promises, promises.

But this morning I ran...and I'm using that word loosely because really I could have ran around my house and said I ran today...but really, I ran with three very talented and professional runners and then there was me. In the dust. Cheering them on from way-way behind. :) And look, I'm even happy about it. Sort of.

My goal is to run for many laps and not even breathe hard. That may be difficult, especially when I left my inhaler at home and at one point thought...hmmm...I hope I can walk home. So. Very bad choice on my part. Next time: 1) bring inhaler 2) bring my Zips so I can run faster. Does anyone remember Zips...back in the day? Za-za-za-Zips! My sister had a pair and it's true, she was and is quite fast. Opps. I mean in the completely athletic sense. I mean she runs super fast. Okay. I knew you knew what I meant.

And another few Sophie-isms.

Scene: At the pool.
Sophie: Mom I hit my head on the slide and I stayed awake.
me: What?
Sophie: I didn't knock out or something.

Scene: Watching Park City Fireworks
Sophie: Cinncinati-ma-cracky the fireworks are starting!

2 comments:

Klare said...

Okay, totally laughed out loud at that Cinncinati one. Funny girl!!!

Kim said...

Nice going on the run. Keep it up (for all of us that are just too lazy :). And, for the record, I'm not fast anymore. Maybe in 10 years, or not. :)