Friday, July 17, 2009

Blueberry Crumble Decadence



So my friend Toby has this amazing recipe for BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE. And when I asked her where she got it, she said The Smitten Kitchen, which is a wonderful cooking blog. And since blueberries are in season, I had to try it.

I made it the other night and trust me, I would run laps and laps just so I could eat this crumble piping hot and drowning in a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Try it. You just have to try it.

1 C white sugar
1 tsp baking powder
3 C all-purpose flour
1 C cold butter
1 egg
1/4 tsp salt
zest and juice of 1 lemon
4 C fresh blueberries
1/2 C white sugar
4 tsp cornstarch

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 9x13 pan. In a med bowl stir together 1 cup of sugar, 3 cups of flour and baking powder. Mix in salt and lemon zest. Use a pastry cutter to blend in butter and egg. Dough will be crumbly. Pat half of dough into pan. In another bowl, stir together the sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Gently mix in the blueberries. Sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust. Crumble remaining dough over the berry layer. Bake in oven for 45 min until top is golden brown.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Jen-I will have to try this recipe. I LOVE blueberries, and I LOVE crisps, too. Sounds delicious!

Terresa Tew said...

I just may have to try this recipe out as soon as I unpack my kitchen!

Toby said...

It is a mighty fine recipe!