Monday, July 27, 2009

Why we had a Rhinoceros for Dinner




So yes, you may be looking at this picture of a broken chair and think, why did the White's invite a 2 ton rhinoceros for dinner? Why? Well my friends, it was not a rhinoceros, it was ME.

I know, I know. Humiliating yes.

But I might add...these chairs are quite old and literally on their last legs (we have even banished another precarious chair to our bedroom so it won't be sat upon)...and I was thinking just before this tragedy occurred, 'oh, these chairs are fine...we'll just use them until they fall apart'. Apparently the chair had the same idea in mind.

I mean, I know I have a pu-dunka-dunk. I know. I am not in denial...but this accident happened with only one butt cheek. In fact, the left cheek, imagine what could've happened with BOTH cheeks.

And did this happen when I was home alone, having a nice quiet moment pondering life? NO...it happened during Sunday dinner and while AW was on the phone with neighbor/friend. And he HAD to tell the hilarious story...and everyone was laughing. And Grace said, "Mom you weigh too much." So I laughed too...but to tell you the truth, I hurt: 1. My left butt cheek. 2. My elbow. 3. My head, and okay...my feelings a little too. Now everyone keeps asking me when I'm going to do the "Booty Chop" Kung Fu Panda style.

So. Now off to buy new chairs...going to Four Chairs because I have been dying for some apple green kitchen chairs. Fate has spoken, I shall have those STURDY apple green chairs.

4 comments:

The Harker's said...

You crack me up! That is just too funny! But hey. At least you get to buy new kitchen chairs, right?!

The Peach.... said...

Your stories are so funny, Jen, I had a good laugh over this! Our chairs were pieces of crap before we moved, we kept gluing them back together.....talk about cheap. They finally broke on someone else once (I was mortified)....and we finally got new ones. Now I don't have to worry!!!! XOXO

Minette said...

okay..I sat in that chair only a few weeks ago..I probably weakened it for you...It wasn't your fault..can't wait to see you next week!Apple green-our FAVE!

Kim said...

I'm still laughing, and I've heard this story before!