Wednesday, November 3, 2010

October Conference 2010...and some good news.


I am so far behind on my blog! I wrote nothing in October! Not one thing. But I must write about one of my favorite talks this October General Conference. Elder Uctdorf's talk, "Of the Things That Matter Most." You can view the whole talk here.


One of my favorite analogies is of the rings of a tree. He said, "One of the things we learn from studying the growth of tress is that during seasons when conditions are ideal, trees grow at a normal rate. However, during seasons when growing conditions are not ideal, trees slow down their growth and devote their energy to the basic elements necessary for survival."

What does this tell me, sometimes it's good, even crucial to SLOW DOWN.

He said, "It is good advice to slow down a little, steady the course, and focus on the essentials when experiencing adverse conditions."

Actually, without even realizing it, that's what we've been doing at our house. (Thus, the no posting on my blog in October). Because...we are having a baby!!!

Which is absolutely exciting news, but, also has put us (ME) in a survival mode of sorts.


Necessary: Food (croissants and white toast are preferable). Sleep. Smiles. Hugs. (Really, I need those to survive).

Not Necessary (But would be nice): Clean house, a made bed (now how can I make my bed, when I spend 85% of my day there?), a homemade dinner.

I have been the tiredest of my life! I didn't realize I could be this tired without being dead. :) haha. My kids may argue this point. Also I've been so nauseous that the thought of creamy Italian chicken makes me throw-up a little in my mouth. Maybe TMI? sorry.

But I'm hoping for an end in sight! In fact, in the last week or so, I've had some good days mixed among the bad. We see normalness in the horizon!

So this is my post dedicated to Survival! May we be able to weed out the importants from the unimportants and give our selves a little slack once in a while.

The End.

Oh. And the baby is due in May! I've always wanted a May baby and now with my last, I've finally succeeded!

11 comments:

Scott and Jenesee said...

soo excited for you :) and hope you feel better!!

The Piepers said...

Congratulations!! How fun! And a great talk to make you feel better about staying in bed half the day. I'll have to remember that one! Hope you feel better soon!

Minette said...

YOu haven't lived til you've had 5! I know it will be a girl! then I have a partner in crime:) Good to talk to you the other day! love you...

The Harker's said...

Congratulations! Now I am excited to find out what you are having! Hope the sickness part ends really soon for you. Why do we have to go through that part when having a baby?!:)

Carrie said...

Yea for baby 5! With as cute as your kids are how could you not have more! Congrats:)

Cece Girl said...

Thanks everyone! We're so excited too...

Linda Abilez said...

Congratulations!! These are the sweetest times so enjoy every moment! Before you know it, your baby is nearly 16!

The Peach.... said...

WWWWHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTt????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Klare said...

I totally thought you were done! Yay for not being done!!! Haha! Now we won't be the only cousin's with 5 kids! Congrats!!!!

Klare said...

I just realized Teresa is having #5 too. Duh. Oh, and #5 totally kicked my butt, he still is. I love him to pieces but I am happy that I'm done. :)

Tricia said...

oh yay!!! congrats, Jen!!!