Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Remember how great it was to get rid of the binkie?


Well. Maybe it's not so great.
First: Because Lucy no longer has binkie to sooth her into dreamland, she has decided to do other things with her lack of sleeping. Like climbing out of crib and causing havoc.
Second: This has caused me to sit outside her bedroom and spy on her sleeping habits. Which has reduced me to saying things like, "Lucy, lay down." About, oh, 85 times. Or maybe things like, "If you go to sleep I'll buy you a brand new car."
Third: Because of "Lucy Watch" I have now read every magazine/catolog/brochure in the house, an entire book, and eaten a WHOLE bag of pretzel M7M's in one sitting. Oh and I looked at the caloric intake--you don't even want to know.
Fourth: I have ordered a crib tent...and it just can't get here fast enough. I almost broke down and revealed a binkie that I found in her toy box the other day, but alas, I held firm.
Fifth: Now she thinks I'm her "naptime" assistant. She's pretty smart and she knows I'm sitting outside her door so she says things like, "I need more water." Or "I need a bandaid". Or "Read ABC's." What's a mom do to?

Help me.

We both need naptime desperately!

No comments: