Friday, September 10, 2010

A Little Something Called WILLpower...

You heard of it? Yes? It may sound vaguely familiar to those of you, who like me, find it to be a fickle friend.

Today I went to lunch with my oh so smart writing friend (and her two spunky boys) at Flour Girls and Dough Boys. Oh, and spunky Lucy came along too!

(Are you kidding me with these Flour Girls and Dough Boys cupcakes?! No willpower when it comes to these!)


And I realized over a delcious cob salad (ok, and a huge sugar cookie) and fabulous conversation with lovely Ms. Ransom, that my life can be boiled down to one delicious word...well, sometimes not so delicious, nugget of wisdom: WILLPOWER.

Willpower To:
1. Eat right (gasp)
2. exercise (gasp gasp)
3. write (sigh)
4. wade through the nonsense of life and know what's most important (yes!)
5. clean the toilets (if I have to)
6. be patient and smile when two-year-old pees all over bathroom floor (smile)
7. mop the floor that the 2-year-old peed on...(smile harder)

Okay. You get my point. The list it endless....

So. Here's to willpower...may we all have it in abundance, to get what we really want, to always take the high road, and to be brave and take the road less traveled (or at least the road you are inspired to take!)

Here's to willpowered us's ...and to our abundance of being able to tell ourselves what to do and how to do...and then to acutally follow through.

And this is me...declaring to the world that I will have self-control. Yes. Right now, I'm doing it. :)

1 comment:

Char said...

I especially love will power right after I have eaten a chocolate cupcake. I can wait 24 hours until I need another one. I have great will power to exercise when it's a beautiful day for a walk and I've had a little nap after school. :-D