Thursday, September 2, 2010

First Day of School and THE FASHION SHOW FEAST

Happy First Day of School! Can't believe I have a 6th grader, 5th grader, and a 3rd grader!
It was pretty tricky to get an air shot of the kids on the trampoline...but we had fun trying.



The kids did a runway fashion show with all their new school clothes...Apparently Spencer was going to wear a flowered sheet? Of course he changed his mind on the first day of school.


We had to cajole Spence into participating, but he got the hang of it after a while.

This is his "nerd" look (?) That's what he said...

It doesn't look that much different from his "cool guy" look. Personally, I like the flowered sheet.

And during school shopping Sophie gravitated towards anything SPARKLY...she was dazzling.

And really our feast was delicious...but the cake was the show stopper. I promise it was really good. This picture says otherwise...but if I had given it enough time to cool before I put the chocolate ganache frosting on it, it would have been prettier. But I was running out of "cooling time", and it still tasted divine. Maybe it was even better because it was warm. YUM! You can find the recipe here.



And this years theme? Try New Things. Each child got a letter with the theme and then a special note about what they're great at and what they can improve upon this year. Even Lucy got a letter which said, "We love you Lucy. You're the best baby ever." The next day she brought me her letter and said, "This says: Daddy loves me!" Aww. So sweet.

1 comment:

The Peach.... said...

WOW! You have been busy updating your blog! Love all the posts! Especially little Sophie's face in these pics....she reminds me of someone ELSE I know...you!