Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Tribute to Our Grandpa Joe

We lost our dear Papa Joe this past Sunday due to complications from a stroke he had on Halloween night.
And now we navigate knowing how to comfort one another and especially our children who now have experienced one of life's great heartbreaks---saying goodbye to someone you love. But we are comforted by our knowledge of Heavenly Father's plan of happiness, and of hope, and of eternal families.



Thank you Grandpa for:
1. Twinkly eyes.
2. A ready laugh and smile.
3. M&Ms at every moment.
4. The CLAW.
5. A HUGE bunch of keys jingling in your pocket.
6. Big bear hugs that make you lose your breath.
7. Your love of God and Jesus Christ.
8. Honoring and loving the Prophet Joseph Smith.
9. Your example of hardwork, continual work, and happy work.
10. Golf trips with Adam and Spencer.
11. Christmas's with scavenger hunts that left us in giggles.
12. And soo much more...

Thank you for teaching us how to love and be loved. We'll see you again before we know it.

9 comments:

Klare said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Those pictures made me cry. Isn't it so nice that we have the gospel in our lives and know that we will see our loved ones again? I hope the kids are doing well with it all. Miss you guys!!!

Carrie said...

I am so sorry for what you are going through. We will keep you and your family in our prayers. How do people survive losing someone without the gospel.....we are so blessed! Such great pictures, he looks like he was an amazing dad and grandpa, you were lucky to have him.

Jennie said...

Jen-
So sorry to hear the news. We will be thinking about you and Adam and your kids. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

MomOB said...

Sorry to hear that. What beautiful tender pictures of him and his grandchildren. Glad you live close to your mom.
Janna

Tricia said...

Oh Jen! I'm in tears! What a beautiful post with heartfelt words and those photo memories you will always cherish. I'm so sorry. What a hard thing to go through. You'll be in our prayers.

Linda Abilez said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! I remember Joe from our days way back when in the Simi 5th ward!

Cece Girl said...

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts...we are doing well.

Susan Andrus said...

I was so surprised and sad to hear of Grandpa Joe's passing. My love and prayers go out to your family.
A grandpa is a huge thing for grandchildren to lose and I know they will truely miss him. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.
Aunt Sue

Kim said...

So tender. It's times like these when I am so grateful for our knowledge of the lords plan and help me be thankful for all I have.