Friday, May 22, 2009

Good Gravy...We had Fun.

So the book fair was so FUN! Spence couldn't go because of soccer, but the girls and I had a grand time. Here the girls are with Brandon Mull, author of Fabelhaven and The Candy Shop War. He and his family lived in our ward in Thousand Oaks, back in the day. So great to see his success!
The girls did all sorts of kid-licious things like: face painting, bookmark making, puppetshows, prizes, free books, and having a caricuture created by a published illustrator.
Shannon Hale was very sweet to my girls and Grace was able to wax philosophical on her own writings. Grace also informed my friend Carol Lynch Williams that Grace has written 8 books to my 1. I know, she's fast! :)

Bravo to Provo City Library for putting on such a fabulous event!

1 comment:

The Harker's said...

How fun! I love all of Shannon Hale's books too! I would have loved to have been there!