Thursday, February 4, 2010

Boo-boo's and New Adventures

Poor Lucy had a very unfortunate accident at The Little Gym...like a full speed nose dive into a balance beam...and then an encounter at REI with a metal hooked sock hanger that went right up her nose. I thought it was broken, but it just turned out to be horribly bruised. This picture was right after her fall at The Little Gym. It was the last day of class full of certificates and balls and pictures (and unfortunately her swollen sniffer). Poor baby.


This is her usual happy face...
Aunt Kim and cousin "Hammy" (or Sammy) go to The Little Gym too. We have a lot of cousin/sister fun.


And here we are traveling up The Canyons lift to take Spence, Grace and Sophie to their brand new skiing/snowboarding adventure. Lucy's nose looks a little bruised above.

The kids had a blast a ski school (even though it was a blizzard), ate pizza AND mashed potatoes for lunch, imagine that! Had plenty of hot cocoa breaks and succeeded in becoming addicted to freshly falling powder...Now, I think they all have caught the 'skiing bug'. Although, Spence snowboarded. We went up again for another lesson and they were all in heaven. I guess if I can't live in California, I better find something I like about the snow (ugh). But these cuties seem to make the snow a little more magical...


And here is my recent reading list: I'm not finished with them all, but The Help was heartbreaking and beautiful. I loved it. I'm working on the others. Anyone have any other ideas about books they love?

4 comments:

Bernice Madsen said...

Oh, Lucy's poor nose looks so sad. Love all the snow pics. Looks like so much fun!

Alyssa said...

Cute kids out on the lifts... so fun!

The Peach.... said...

Jen....we do Little Gym, too! Wes adores it...we haven't had any "nose" mishaps, though...not yet. Her poor little nose....

Kim said...

The pictures make me cringe just looking at them. I'm reliving the moment all over again! Skiing looks fun!