Sunday, March 28, 2010

So I'm Trying to be Sneaky...

So I'm trying to be sneaky about this whole Easter Basket thing. Yesterday I took the baby with me while I purchased a few little odds and ends for the Easter Baskets. And I was determined to get something in particular for Lucy and then she found this:

Yes. Nemo. She is obsessed with Nemo. And the whole time at Target she would not let him out of her hot little hands. She traded everything she ever threw into the basket (because she does that now, we get all sorts of things in our basket) for the swimming Nemo (and it does say for 5 years and up, but really how could a Swimming Nemo not be for a 2 year old? Tell me how?) So...had to smuggle Nemo into the house...without disturbing the axis of the earth.

And I was successfull. REally. I was. And I hid it perfectly in my dresser drawers that are empty since I reorganized my closet. No one EVER looks in those dresser drawers.

Until today.

Lucy had Nemo ESP. How did she know? And I couldn't get it out of her hot little hands. Maybe the Easter Bunny should just come early? I am on Divert Lucy Mission #2. And I need a new hiding place!

(Oh and totally destroyed Sophie's dreams of the REAL Easter Bunny, because she wondered what Lucy was doing with a Nemo...oh and, she heard me talking to Adam on the phone about "getting all the Easter stuff done." Whoops).

3 comments:

Anna Marie said...

This honestly happens to me about 70 percent of the time I am trying to hide things...they find them and ruin the surprise. I like to blame Bryce..although he had nothing to do with it! Or even better, we quote Scooby Doo cartoons .

"If it weren't for those meddling kids..."

The Peach.... said...

OH this sounds JUST like my house!!! I can't get away with ANYTHING anymore!!!! This is so funny...Nemo...ha ha!

Kim said...

That's so funny... I gave up on the Easter bunny last year and just flat out told Ashley and Lincoln that I put out their Easter baskets... Oh well. At least Santa Claus is still kind of around... Ashley has ESP also...