Friday, February 27, 2009

A Ticket to Ride...

The very zesty and adventurous book, "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen.
I had book club at my house and we read, "Water for Elephants," about the circus during 1920's depression. I thought SO very interesting, and a great read.

Although, I must forewarn...there are a few "spicey" parts, which I guess shocked a few BC members. They were like, "YOU picked this book, Jen?" "YOU?" "Are you sure? Did you read it?" To which I state, YES. I picked the book, I liked the book, and I still like it. Just skip the offending spiciness, if you wish. Which I'm sure some attendees did. So. It's all good.Don't even ask what we're doing in some of these pics...it was late..we overdosed on candy apples and diet coke...and were actually making a little fun of some of the attendees teenage daughters. We just have to live and LAUGH a lot!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Looks like fun! Super cute job decorating! I have not read the book but have heard about those "spicey" parts! Anyone I know that has read it loved it!

Alyssa said...

That looks like a fun book club that you had at your house! I love girls nights, or days outs! Sorry I missed seeing you guys the other yesterday. So wish I could have come! Nick and I want to come see you guys soon!

The Peach.... said...

Yeah....you pulled off your circus theme....everything looks SO cute! WOW! I wish I could have tried one of those apples....mmmm. And the post about Chili's makes me laugh, do you remember our Chili's days??? Which was just about EVERY day??? How did we stay so skinny, that's what I want to know!