Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Worms and Eyeballs

This is one of our favorite meals that we eat even when it isn't Halloween.



Here's how you make it:
Meatballs: 1lb of ground chicken (or turkey).
3 green onions sliced
1 chopped red/orange pepper
1 tsp ginger
2 tsp garlic
2 T hoisin sauce (in the Asian food section)
salt and pepper

Mix together and form into little balls. Cook on baking sheet (cover with foil for easy clean-up) and bake for 12 min at 400 degrees.

Stir Fry Veggies:
Scallions
Peppers
Snow Peas
Zuchinni
Shredded Carrots
Bean Sprouts
1/2 cup of soy sauce



Cook in 1 T of butter.
Cook 2 handfulls of pasta (buccatini if you have it---makes it more wormy).

Add all ingredients with @ 1 C of soy sauce. Enjoy!




I know these meatballs don't look perfectly round, in fact they look a little like cookies. But, I don't love to handle the meat(gross), so I use a spoon---kind of like cookies. Except they're meat cookies, which doesn't sound very good...but they are delicious. Yum. The chicken is the best.


Tamari soy sauce is the best and because this recipe uses so much soy...I would use only this brand. I've tried it with other brands, but it didn't taste as good.

3 comments:

Anna Marie said...

I love your pics. It takes true dedication to do photography and cooking at the same time!! YUM!

Cari @ MamaOlogy said...

That looks really yummy! I'm going to have to make the trip into town to get the ingredients now :) You've inspired me!

Daidre said...

I'm always looking for new ideas. There is nothing worse then spending hours in the kitchen just to hear everyone say "We're having this AGAIN." I also have hoisin sauce and haven't known what to do with it. I'm excited to be able to use it up. Thanks for sharing.