Monday, March 7, 2011

Science Fair...For Real?

So Spence got to go to The School District Science Fair(!)

He won first place at his elementary school...and then moved on to District. He wanted to win sooo bad. Before hand, we tried to let him down easy and say that he probably wouldn't win at District and he should just be happy to have won at his Elementary School.

But guess what? He won at the District Science Fair too!! (150 kids out of 350 get to move on to BYU).

We couldn't believe it. You can just imagine how stoked he was. He said, "It was the best day of my life..." So far. Officially, there are a lot of really great days ahead, but we'll let him soak this one up. Also, had to laugh at this picture. Apparently the "ladies" come out of the woodwork when one is dubbed a "winner." :)

So it's off the the regional Science Fair at BYU. Nine hundred kids will be there, he gets to miss school, and allegedly there is a climbing wall, a flight simulator, and an "awesome" lunch to go along with it. We'll see. But this kid couldn't possibly get more excited.

By the way, did we do this in California? I don't even remember doing a Science Fair Project. Wait...yes I do. I did something about seeds, and growing stuff, and uhm. Clearly I wasn't a contender to win the Science Fair (thus my whole English Major degree). I'm sure they had things like this when I was younger, but I wasn't involved at all. Anyone else win a Science Fair? I am in awe. xojen

3 comments:

Linda Abilez said...

Congratulations to Spencer! Very cool!!

seven said...

That is awesome!!! Way to go Spencer! We will be sending winning vibes your way!

Bernice Madsen said...

Congrats to Spencer! That is sooo cool! You guys have some smart kiddos! :o)