Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sophie Turns 9...and a trip to the ER

Sophie had a really great birthday party at Seven Peaks Ice Arena

The kids ice skated, enjoyed a lesson from a real ice skater, and Santa was even there.


But before we could truly enjoy all of the ice skating festivities...I was hit in the face with a soccer ball while I was taking a picture of Sophie...



The kids were having such a great time that I hated to ruin it all with a blow to the face...but the party did take a dismal turn once the kids saw the blood running down my nose, and Sophie crying, hiding in the corner because the accident scared her to death. Ugh. Not quite the party I had envisioned...


This is us trying to take a picture of the damage with my now broken camera...I left straight from the party to the ER where I received 7 stitches from Dr. McBee...the plastic surgeon. Whew...that's a party we won't easily forget.

3 comments:

seven said...

Looks like she had an awesome time despite the accident. What Mom's do for their children.

The Peach.... said...

YIKES! That came from a soccer ball? Did it have spikes? Wow, I am so sorry!!!!!! We still on for lunch next week?

Alyssa said...

OUch! I really hope that you are feeling better! Getting hit in the nose hurts sooooo bad! Hey, can I get your address? I'd like to send you a New Year's card. You can facebook me or email me... whatever is easiest. Thanks!
alyssawelsch@gmail.com