Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Week After: Post-Hawaii...

Monday was beautiful...in fact, I felt a little "spring" in my step and finished a few projects. Like:

I got this idea for sillouettes from a great blog The Nie Nie Dialogues. She's an amazing woman!

Planting the flowers just made me so happy...I am so itching for a non-snowy spring...but THEN Tuesday came. And if you live in Utah we all know what happened!! 10 inches of snow! ARGH. My beautiful flowers spent the rest of the week in the garage...and the yellow petunias turned out to be hardy...so they survived.But today is glorious and I'm ready for spring again. Yippee. Over Spring Break we went swimming at the Rec Center and Lucy enjoyed her first swimming experience...and I think that's because the pool felt like bath water, hiding from the storm under a huge "bubble." Can hardly wait until we can go for reals with true sunshine kissing our skin. Sophie was very confused why we didn't have to put on our sunscreen in the bubble. We've trained her well. :)

Hope everyone else is in love with spring finally rearing its lovely head.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Hey there, LOVE the silhouettes! I made some a couple of months ago...and they're still sitting on my floor waiting to be hung. (See my blog...I just posted a photo of them as well!) Guess we still think alike after all these years :).

Looks like you had a blast in Hawaii...I've still never been. It looks beautiful and it's so nice to get away, huh! Let's get together soon.

The Peach.... said...

Jen, these silhouettes are adorable! I love them, you need to teach me the ways of your craftiness, Siz. LOVE THEM!

Bernice Madsen said...

We've had 80s the past couple of days out here and we're dying for an outdoor pool to sit out at...but none are filled yet. So, we went on some bike rides instead...which ended up being a little toooo hot for that since I had to lug two kids in the trailer behind me. :o) miss you guys so much! LOVE the silhouettes.